When we first opened our doors to applicants looking to join our pioneer program; the Software Engineering Diploma program, we made a promise that we were not going to stop until every African is well-equipped for the future of work.
Since October last year, we have received and processed thousands of applications, conducted assessments for every single applicant and issued admission letters to qualifying candidates.
While burning the candle at both ends to ensure AltSchoolers enjoy a seamless learning experience, we were—and still remain—inundated with requests to make good on our promise to expand on our offerings to accommodate more students. And since we are here to serve, that is exactly what we did.
We launched our School of Product and applications are now open!
The School of Product is perfect for those looking to launch profitable careers in tech without writing codes or undergoing core technical training processes. Interested candidates can enroll in any of the following programs:
1. Product Design: Students will be taken through the processes involved in imagining, creating, and iterating products that solve users' problems or address specific needs in a given market.
2. Product Management: Here, students will learn about planning, creating, launching, managing, and optimizing products.
3. Product Marketing: This describes the processes involved in bringing a product to its end users. This includes deciding the product's positioning and messaging, launching said product and ensuring customers understand it/know how to use it.
You can learn more about these specialisations HERE
Important Things to Note:
1. After applications close, a Basic Assessment Test will be conducted. Applicants must scale through the cut-off mark in order to get fully enrolled.
2. Study materials (for the assessment) will be provided upon successful completion of the application process.
3. Lectures for the first cohort begin in August 2022
4. The duration of the programme is 12 months (1 year)
5. Application Fee costs $20/N10,000 and is non-refundable. Applicant’s details also cannot be transferred to another person once form is submitted.
6. Regarding Tuition, the School of Product runs a subscription-based service with three separate plans.
These plans were designed after a lot of research and consultations into how best we can deliver a world-class learning experience at a heavily subsidized rate. They are:
a. The Monthly Plan - $30 per month for 12 months.
b. The Quarterly Plan - $80 per quarter (every 3 months).
c. The Annual Plan - a one-time payment of $290.
*Note that regardless of any plan chosen, students are also required to pay $100 for the mandatory Certification Exam that will be taken toward the end of the diploma program. Writing and passing that exam is a prerequisite for obtaining the diploma certificate.